Jan 17, 2010

Music Discovery Engine - Waltzo.com


The folks at waltzo asked me to be one of the first guest curators for their new music discovery service.
It is an interesting approach: Only one song available for listening at a time per visitor. Playlists are compiled by curators that select songs based on their own personal criteria. (The first person who guesses the theme of my list gets a free USB from the Aderra sample table). There are no user controls to select artist, genre etc.
They are accepting submissions for the consideration of the curator from independent artists as well as record labels.
Some stuff on my playlist:

Ray LaMontagne - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley cover)
Julia Albert - Can you Tell
Shotgun - Bound by the Sound
UB40 - Alum Rock Dub
L.A. Tight - Lieseplein
Roger LaPlant - The Reasons for Quittin
Killola - Cracks in the Armor
Maxfield Rabbit - Drunk
Bored - Untitled
Avett Brothers - Laundry Room Live in a Flash!
Her and Kings County - My Backyard
and a dozen more

waltzo.com
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please think. I mean do you actually think I am going to let you post spam?